Ceylon Institute of Builders together with South Asian Lean Construction Institute presents Introduction to Lean practices in the Construction Industry – Maximize value & minimize waste
24th July 2019
Ramada Hotel, Colombo
Duration: 8.30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
In today’s competitive environment, construction methods need to maximise customer value while minimising waste. Lean is a method of thinking whih employs fewer resources and creates less waste, thereby enabling construction at more competitive costs enabling contractors to win more projects and to finish on time and within the budget.
This course is an introduction, suitable for personnel working in a construction organisation to Lean concepts, methodologies, tools and language. It also provides skills for understanding processes and collecting data. The initial course takes half day and no prior knowledge is necessary. The course will be conducted in English and Sinhala.
Target Group: Professionals across all segments & disciplines i.e.:
– procurement officers, programme managers, asset managers, facilities managers, etc.
– architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers, etc.
– construction managers, maintenance managers, manufacturing managers, estimators, site managers, site engineers, quality managers, safety managers, etc.
Lean Construction – Level 1 – Session 1
– History of Lean
– Lean Tools
– Identifying the eight Lean Wastes
– How to reduce the lean wastes
Lean Construction – Level 1 – Session 2
– Value Stream Mapping
– The Importance of Measuring
– Measuring Techniques
– Maintaining data for analysis
– Basic tools for Analysis
Investment – Rs.10,000/- per person
Bsc (Econ) Hons London School of Economics M.B.A. CASS Business School,
London Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Director/CEO Asian Institute of Excellence
For more details please contact 0750 444666
Inquiries – Ceylon Institute of Builders
No. 4-1/2, Bambalapitiya Drive, Colombo 4
Tel: 011 2508139